Describe some of the benefits and advantages of performing logical data modeling.
- Explain the distinction between logical data modeling and physical database design.
- Apply a repeatable four-step process for doing logical data modeling
- Identify the components of a data model, including entities, relationships and attributes.
- Normalize entities to fifth normal form and select proper unique identifiers (primary keys).
- Handle complex relationships:
- Sub-types and super-types
- Recursive/”Bill of Materials”
- Document the data model with an Entity/Relationship diagram and walk through portions of a data model with people to validate it.